In the second of our two posts on Inbound Marketing we introduce you to the HubSpot Attract, Engage, Delight methodology and show you how your business can begin to capitalise on the evolution in the online marketing environment.
Attract, Engage, Delight
HubSpot describes the inbound marketing process as a cycle in which you attract, engage and then delight your customers. Let’s look first at the goalsof the Attract, Engage, Delight methodology:
Communicating Brand Identity
This is your company’s personality and corporate values. It’s about what matters to the company, who you are, what you stand for, your attitude to quality, your language and tone, how you treat your customers, suppliers, partners and staff, how you choose to do business. You want to know these things when deciding whether you are attracted to someone you meet, and it’s no different for a prospective customer deciding on a supplier or purchase.
Communicating product value and differentiators
This is the process of identifying your prospect’s likely problems and needs, and highlighting how your products or services address those needs, showing where they stand out from the competition. The more you are able to communicate this during the marketing phase, and attract the customer to your offering, the less selling there is to do.
Encouraging prospective customers to make themselves known
Provide your prospective customers with the information they need (resist the urge to hide it behind registration pages). This shows them you may have a solution for them, and that the time they invest in engaging with you will be time well spent. Meaningful, high-quality content encourages prospective customers to raise their hands.
Developing trust and confidence in your prospective customers
Effective two-way communication, responsiveness, accuracy, precision and integrity all contribute towards developing the trust and confidence that is vital in creating meaningful engagement with prospective customers.
Through relevant, value-rich interaction, shorten the sales cycle and drive sales
The more you do to attract, engage and delight your prospective customers with smart, cost-effective inbound marketing, the less there is left to do via your more costly sales team and high-level management. Integrated, holistic inbound marketing works to shorten the sales cycle, and reduce cost of sale.
Build lifetime value
Your goal in business is to achieve maximum lifetime value from your customers. When you delight them with relevant interactions and useful content, you help to build lifetime value. That gains you loyalty, advocacy and repeat business; it opens the door to cross-selling from your wider product portfolio, and it affords you the opportunity to deliver added-value services – year in, year out, for as long as you continue to delight.
Inbound Permission-Based Marketing in Action
Now, using the HubSpot model, we can look at some of the strategies, tacticsand toolsthat can be depolyed in pursuit of those Attract, Engage, Delight goals.
- Be discoverable – reach the customer when they’re researching, through typical search terms, hashtags, ranking/optimisation and relevant adwords
- Be consistent –use blogging and social media channels consistently and continually, delivering high-quality content
- Be valuable– help the customer to define/clarify their problems, the likely solutions, and things they should consider when comparing options
- Be trustworthy– offer content that informs, answers typical questions, delivers sound advice
- Be aligned with your customer– identify their goals, problems and pain points to deliver meaningful content
- Be an authority– design a content strategy that builds your brand value and demonstrates your expertise as it informs and educates
- Be open– provide your content openly to enhance your value and trustworthiness.
- Be flexible– interact through whichever channels your customer prefers; social media, email, contact forms, messaging and live chat for example
- Be prompt– appropriate to the medium, make sure you respond in good time. There’s nothing worse than a prospective customer posting a message and only to see it… ignored
- Be relevant– offer richer content to enhance your credibility
- Be helpful– provide tools to assist the customer to specify their needs, design their own solutions, create wish lists, store quotes or designs
- Be personalised– deploy CRM and all the information you gather to respond meaningfully
- Be interactive– solicit customer response and act on it; engagement is a conversation, a two-way flow of information and feedback
- Be smart– use conversation tools, forms, lead flows and automation to enhance the buyer’s experience cost-effectively.
- Be integrated– when your prospect becomes a customer, connect-the-dots between sales, support and service with a single platform
- Be available– build loyalty by making it easy for your customer to reach you with whatever questions and issues they have
- Be memorable– capitalise on positive experiences by delivering memorable content which buyers value and can share with others
- Be restrained– use automated tools such as email and SMS to connect with your customer, but only on their terms, with the information they want, only when they want it
- Be relevant– use the knowledge you acquire about your customer and their purchases to offer only meaningful opportunities, offers and events.
Building Lifetime Value is the Ultimate Goal
Customer Retention – of course!
We’ve talked about building lifetime value already. It’s easier to sell to somebody who already knows how good you are, and how valuable your solutions and products, than to find and grow a new customer. Whilst every business needs new customers, your aim should always be to enhance and add value to existing customer relationships – to build customer loyalty, increase advocacy and drive repeat and ongoing sales.
Your Content Library
But there’s another aspect to lifetime value, and that is in terms of the content you provide within your Inbound Marketing programme. Once you begin to develop and upload relevant content, it becomes an ever-expanding resource to attract your future customers.
That value-rich content, uploaded to the internet, has longetivity. It remains credible and relevant – and discoverable– long after you first create it. Where outbound email campaigns are a one-off action and often swiftly deleted, the content you upload to a website, blog or social media channel will live, and have value, for as long as you leave it online. And for as long as it lives, it acts as a magnet to pull new customers to you.
The Digital360Mobi Difference
Digital360.mobi can help you navigate this new inbound landscape and develop your business based around the most effective integrated inbound marketing strategies.
We’re also a little different from most HubSpot agencies. As well as execution of your marketing strategy and production of content, we will design, build and support your digital infrastructure, whatever is required, from websites, blogs and social channels to mobile apps and more.We’ll apply our many years of experience in technology-based marketing solutions to develop the media and channels you need, as well as delivering integrated inbound marketing via the acclaimed HubSpot platform and tools – all of which is designed to drive engaged buyers to your door. To explore how Inbound Marketing could revolutionise the way your business interacts with buyers and customers, today.